I have a working computer once again, and all it took was money. Magic!
Anime Evolution was an absolute blast for me and Claire, and possibly the best con I've been to all year! Highlights include:
* Seeing a truly astonishing number of Sam and Fuzzy readers, who rewarded my rambling and scribbles with civility, monetary compensation, and in one particular case, baked goods. Awesome.
* Hanging out repeatedly (perhaps even excessively) with cartooning friends new and old: Scott (VG Cats), Dave (Snafu Comics), JJ (Filibuster), and Angela (Wasted Talent).
* Introducing Scott to the veritable ocean of obscure Japanese Nintendo merchandise contained in Vancouver's Crystal Mall.
* Watching an insanely accurate Phoenix Wright cosplay skit.
And, of course...
* Successfully avoiding Uwe Boll for the entire duration of the convention.
It was a great time, and the folks who run the con treated us spectacularly the whole way through. Ten thumbs up!