S&F Visual Novel - All Roads Lead To The Underground

The "on-topic" forum. Come here to yammer on about SnF, or any of Sam's other work, or a horse. A horse named... Hidalgo.

Moderators: Rai, mixofsunandcloud, Kelso, Skull Panda

S&F Visual Novel - All Roads Lead To The Underground

Postby Kelso » Thu Jun 16, 2016 8:28 pm

Long story short, TyranoBuilder was on sale on Steam and I needed something to practice with that I didn't have to make original assets for.
This rambling monstrosity was the result. It's a basic choose-you-own-adventure style visual novel. Chronologically, the story occurs right after the Buddocalypse and fits into the 1 year time skip when Sam was rebuilding the mafia before joining the Committee.

It was mainly to try out the features of the software, so the writing is very stream of consciousness. It's a bit hit or miss, but I think it has its moments. There's about 23 "unique" endings, and several that overlap. Routes range from 5 to 20 minutes in length.

Sam gave me his okay to post it, so here it is. There's a browser version up on Newgrounds: http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/676411 or alternatively a MUCH more stable offline PC version on dropbox: https://www.dropbox.com/s/9cf1lpk2npvkc ... s.zip?dl=0

Theoretically I can export a Mac version, but since I have no way to test if it works, I haven't yet.
Kelso
Ninja High Councilor

Re: S&F Visual Novel - All Roads Lead To The Underground

Postby Tekkactus » Sat Jun 18, 2016 10:11 pm

Fandom, as a concept, doesn't deserve you, Kelso.
I'm not really working on anything at the moment, but here's a link to my tumblr anyway.

Proud Owner of 3 "I Actually Laughed Out Loud For Reals" awards.
Tekkactus
Ninja CEO

Postby Sam Logan » Sat Jun 18, 2016 10:56 pm

I am really looking forward to playing this! I've been spending all day every day doing stupid moving stuff. I can't wait to dig in once I'm finally done all this seemingly endless painting and packing and have my proper computer set up again.
You are hearing me talk.
Sam Logan
Ninja Emperor

Postby Kelso » Mon Jun 20, 2016 2:23 pm

I've already noticed a few typos that I somehow missed in the dozen times I proofread it. Oh, well.
I don't think I'll bother correcting them unless there are some game breaking bugs that I need to put out an updated version to fix.
Kelso
Ninja High Councilor

Return to Sam And Fuzzy