Ultimate Meet-Up Madness

The "on-topic" forum. Come here to yammer on about SnF, or any of Sam's other work, or a horse. A horse named... Hidalgo.

Moderators: Rai, mixofsunandcloud, Kelso, Skull Panda

Ultimate Meet-Up Madness

Postby pie » Sun Aug 08, 2010 11:26 pm

So here's the deal: an SnF meet-up, everyone has to come. We're going to start planning now; we're going to have some time in the future (a year, two years, more) where every one of us gets together in a single place for a few days, a week, whatever, of meet-up fun and shenanigans. I think this should happen. A lot of us have been here for a significant portion of our lives, the newer guys are nevertheless involved in the forums wholeheartedly. I think we should all decide on a place and time, and make it happen. I threw this idea around a bit with Tekk on the IRC; we're thinking at the moment perhaps Vancouver as a meet-up place. Here's the deal: I'm situated in Ottawa (almost east coast) but I go to school in Vancouver. I'm perfectly willing to find a cheap van, drive from Ottawa to Vancouver and pick up as many people as I can along the way. Ben, Bronze, Eit, Psyc, Klep, etc from out of North America, work out flights to the US or Canada and we'll figure something out. I really think this should happen at least once in our lifetimes.

Who thinks this is a good idea?
eitlobsaboo wrote:Oh... dude... dude.. that's.. oh.... that's not something I wanted to see right before bed.. that's fucked up..
pie
Best-Selling Ninja Author

Re: Ultimate Meet-Up Madness

Postby pie » Sun Aug 08, 2010 11:32 pm

By the way, 'no' is not an allowable response to this post.
eitlobsaboo wrote:Oh... dude... dude.. that's.. oh.... that's not something I wanted to see right before bed.. that's fucked up..
pie

Postby Tekkactus » Sun Aug 08, 2010 11:33 pm

Pie says he's gonna kidnap me if I flake out, so I guess I'm down no matter what I actually say. :?
I'm not really working on anything at the moment, but here's a link to my tumblr anyway.

Proud Owner of 3 "I Actually Laughed Out Loud For Reals" awards.
Tekkactus
Ninja CEO

Postby eitlobsaboo » Sun Aug 08, 2010 11:43 pm

I think this is a great idea. I spend a lot of my time sharing my life with you guys, so it would be pretty cool if we could all meet up.

I want to see the west coast. Perhaps next year (or the year after) I can make this happen...
pie wrote:This thread is all Nerd, nerd, nerd, incomprehensible Eit ramble, nerd.
eitlobsaboo
Ninja Minister

Postby Sam Logan » Sun Aug 08, 2010 11:58 pm

I would obviously go to any meet up that was in Vancouver!
You are hearing me talk.
Sam Logan
Ninja Emperor

Postby pie » Mon Aug 09, 2010 12:00 am

I think years is the likely time frame, given the distance of some of the forumers. But it's going to happen, I'm determined.

We now have Mr. Sam Logan as additional incentive.
pie

Postby Bronze » Mon Aug 09, 2010 2:33 am

I got shit to do that day, guys. Like be ridiculously poor and eating dirt because I am so ridiculously poor.

I would love to, though.
Bronze
Ninja Senator

Location: In a white room, with black curtains, near the station

Postby pie » Mon Aug 09, 2010 2:45 am

Bronze, read my second post. I am thinking maybe we should start a paypal or something to get the distant guys out here in the next couple of years.
pie

Postby Desov2 » Mon Aug 09, 2010 5:45 am

Yeah, This would be cool. I would be in.
Desov2
Ninja Colonel

Postby Jim North » Mon Aug 09, 2010 8:51 am

I think this is a great idea.

Unfortunately, Canada is a little bit out of my way.

Hell, Springfield is a little out of my way and it's only a half-hour/45 minute drive. Like Bronze, I am so very, very poor.
We are the universe talking to itself.
Jim North
Ninja Minister

Postby Agrajag » Mon Aug 09, 2010 12:24 pm

If enough people are going to be there, I would probably fly out.
Sam Logan wrote:When it comes to tunnels and cats, I feel like this story really delivers.

pie wrote:I have transcended commas!
Agrajag
Ninja Technician

Postby Kelso » Mon Aug 09, 2010 12:55 pm

Sounds good, but "years from now" sounds about right. Ask me again about six months before though. Who knows where I'll be at the time. Unless you want to have it at my place. Although, I can't think of a reason why we would.
Kelso
Ninja High Councilor

Postby Exploding Pigeons » Mon Aug 09, 2010 2:20 pm

If we're doing to meet up in Canada I'm gonna take a train just because it feels right (and I've always wanted to take a train to Canda, I don't know why.)
Knight wrote:I know he doesn' post that often pie but when he does it's usually about how much he enjoys being gay
Exploding Pigeons

Postby Exploding Pigeons » Mon Aug 09, 2010 2:20 pm

Exploding Pigeons wrote:If we're going to meet up in Canada I'm gonna take a train just because it feels right (and I've always wanted to take a train to Canda, I don't know why.)
Knight wrote:I know he doesn' post that often pie but when he does it's usually about how much he enjoys being gay
Exploding Pigeons

Postby Agrajag » Mon Aug 09, 2010 2:40 pm

Speaking of meetups, anyone going to APE this year? I was thinking of going since I'll be in the area.

Any other comic conventions in the bay area I should check out while I'm out here?
Sam Logan wrote:When it comes to tunnels and cats, I feel like this story really delivers.

pie wrote:I have transcended commas!
Agrajag
Ninja Technician

Next

Return to Sam And Fuzzy