DIGGING IS FUN! (Minecraft Thread)

Comics, Games, Music, Film, Television, Current Events... this is the place to talk about other people and the things they are doing.

Moderators: Rai, mixofsunandcloud, Kelso, Hidalgo, Max Headroom

Re: DIGGING IS FUN! (Minecraft Thread)

Postby stock » Fri Jan 14, 2011 1:55 pm

PyscoUno wrote:oooh watch some vids if you furnace a log you can get charcoal, which works just like coal. so many problems solved. plus bone meal on a sapling grows a tree instantly

Good to know about the sapling but coal is so easy to come across!

It's simple as that, it's simple as that, it's simple as that for your stupid ass.
stock
Ninja Minister

Postby eitlobsaboo » Fri Jan 14, 2011 4:10 pm

Latest 'Hilarious Fish' which I dedicated to the udpate:
Spoiler: show
pie wrote:This thread is all Nerd, nerd, nerd, incomprehensible Eit ramble, nerd.
eitlobsaboo
Ninja Minister

Postby MrSquishyDBC » Fri Jan 14, 2011 10:15 pm

Nice, eit!

The charcoal thing has already come in handy for me. I didn't find any coal by my first night, so I used some charcoal. That allowed me to light the mine I was digging and find some coal.
I see you driving
'round town with the girl I love
And I'm like, haiku
MrSquishyDBC
Ninja Senator

Postby PyscoUno » Sat Jan 15, 2011 7:16 am

ehehe cool comic.

was leaving cavern from a bit of mining, heard zombies on my route back. found cavern with 2 blocks of gold. heard skeletons from another part of my cavern but they're gone and i can't find the hidden place, curses.
On inside of house put in a doorbell type thing, makes a noise when i enter the house. pressure pad on the inside cose it opens and closes the door too. will make a proper doorbell version for the outside later.
AA23 wrote:As for the confrontations, we came out on the pitch to play football, not to pick up flowers.
PyscoUno
Ninja CEO

Postby Knight » Sat Jan 15, 2011 5:30 pm

stock got it working for me cause he's awesome at everything

i was digging a tunnel and i suddenly fell in to a pit and was immediately attacked by two spiders, two creepers, and a number of skeletons
suffice to say i perished in an instant
stock: I also think I'm going to start saying delicious in really inappropriate situations.
Knight: Your dedication to being single is legendary.
Knight
Disgraced Ninja Politician (From Ninja Sex Scandal)

Postby PyscoUno » Sun Jan 16, 2011 1:52 pm

got the texture pack working, also found insanely big cavern full of mobs. torched it all found lava and waterfalls lots of ore like gold. no diamond yet. Also a dungeon full of skeletons. still haven't died/respawned in the game yet. :mrgreen:

texture instructions http://www.minecraftforum.net/viewtopic ... 25&t=77619
newest zip files to download: http://www.minecraftforum.net/viewtopic ... &start=420

looks like people are having fun with the musical boxes

AA23 wrote:As for the confrontations, we came out on the pitch to play football, not to pick up flowers.
PyscoUno
Ninja CEO

Postby eitlobsaboo » Sun Jan 16, 2011 2:27 pm

PyscoUno wrote:still haven't died/respawned in the game yet.

Whaaat!!
Skeletons always get me. Them arrows pack a mighty punch.. And all their jumping.. Its like a CS player.
Died twice last night.. Was digging while walking and i opened a hole in the floor. Weeeee! SPLAT! Then when I went back to collect my loot got jumped by creeper then shot by a skeleton. It wasn't my day.
I did however set up an aquarium outside my house which houses a squid. There would have been 2, but one got in the way of my shovel :/
Im in the process of streamling my cave. Placing signs noting places of interest etc. The cave is a bit of a mind fuck where there are 3-4 ways to go and you still end up in the same place.

I've seen a pretty sweet looking texture pack. Almost photoreal. Should give it a go. Would like to edit the glass texture if anything.

Saw a bunch of vids of peoples note block creations. They had The Office theme & Portal end song. Pretty impressive.
pie wrote:This thread is all Nerd, nerd, nerd, incomprehensible Eit ramble, nerd.
eitlobsaboo
Ninja Minister

Postby PyscoUno » Sun Jan 16, 2011 4:32 pm

think its luck and the most exploration i've done is through boat during the day and built platforms when mining/mine two squares ahead. Plus the house has layer of glass all round to spot mobs outside before going out. Was blown up by three creepers and attacked by a number of zombies in the caves today, but mostly protected by full iron armour.

seen no squid yet :( jealous. caves are a nightmare, there needs to be an item that can guide you back out. mine carts maybe but track mats would be madding
PyscoUno
Ninja CEO

Postby eitlobsaboo » Sun Jan 16, 2011 5:25 pm

No squid? Really? I think in the morning stand at a little bit of height and you can see the deep bits of water. I found 3 in the dark parts of the water like about 5-6 blocks deep.. Trying to get it to swim to my fishtank without attacking it! Dear lord.
eitlobsaboo
Ninja Minister

Postby stock » Sun Jan 16, 2011 11:42 pm

Digging through a friend's server. Mine got off to a rocky start with all paths leading through a mountain and out the other side instead of anywhere cool but I just went down a little bit and gettin' some of the good stuff.

It's simple as that, it's simple as that, it's simple as that for your stupid ass.
stock
Ninja Minister

Postby Knight » Mon Jan 17, 2011 2:07 am

I made a nice staircase and then was ambushed by a bunch of monsters and died and lost all my (borrowed without asking) stuff.

whoops
stock: I also think I'm going to start saying delicious in really inappropriate situations.
Knight: Your dedication to being single is legendary.
Knight
Disgraced Ninja Politician (From Ninja Sex Scandal)

Postby PyscoUno » Mon Jan 17, 2011 12:57 pm

unleash hell
PyscoUno
Ninja CEO

Postby MrSquishyDBC » Mon Jan 17, 2011 8:58 pm

Built a big-ass cobblestone tower today as the first part of a castle. I'm happy with it. I also made a little hut where I'm going to start my next mine. It all looks pro.
I see you driving
'round town with the girl I love
And I'm like, haiku
MrSquishyDBC
Ninja Senator

Postby eitlobsaboo » Mon Jan 17, 2011 9:49 pm

We should post up pics of our creations.. I'm working on a little something something.. I'll post a pic when I finish it.

Also Uno (or anyone else) have you seen the one with dispenser that launches eggs.. which then hatch into ducks/chickens?! INSANE.
eitlobsaboo
Ninja Minister

Postby PyscoUno » Tue Jan 18, 2011 12:36 pm

indeed, tempted to build one myself but need more strong for new bow. plus apparently if you find a lot of natural cobblestone that is a sign of a dungeon wall.
PyscoUno
Ninja CEO

PreviousNext

Return to Media Room