eitlobsaboo wrote:Pirate Jack wrote:the most famous city.
Melbournians might disagree with that one.
People outside of Australia can't be bothered to pronounce Melbourne. Sidney is the most famous city, outside of Australia
PyscoUno wrote:You'd be beaten up in South Wales for saying its in England. and its an awesome place.
Pft, what are the Welsh gunna do, go crying to the Scots?
kleptoman wrote:Basically, the people who named most of America and a bit of Australia were really lazy.
Ok, the people who named Australia were much lazier than the people who named the United States. New England isn't most of the US, and that's where most of the British names are.
Australia on the other hand has:
- New South Wales (After old South Wales)
- Western Australia (It's the Western part of Australia)
- Northern Territory (It's the territory in the north of Australia)
- South Australia (Directly south of the Northern Territory)
- Queensland (After the Queen)
- Victoria (Also after the Queen)
- Australian Capital Territory (It's the capital territory of Australia)
- Tasmania (After the cartoon character, to promote tourism)