Hi, my name is... (Introduce yourself here!)

Everyone likes to talk about themselves! Do it here so I don't have to read it. Ha ha! Just kidding. I'm actually illiterate.

Moderators: Rai, mixofsunandcloud, Kelso, Garfield's Lasagna, Garfield

Re: Hi, my name is... (Introduce yourself here!)

Postby eitlobsaboo » Sun Nov 06, 2011 2:31 am

Nice hat.. and hi.
pie wrote:This thread is all Nerd, nerd, nerd, incomprehensible Eit ramble, nerd.
eitlobsaboo
Ninja Minister

Postby Oddfellow » Sun Nov 06, 2011 8:24 am

Tekkactus wrote:May I recommend you call yourself mad, or perhaps crazy, instead? Or maybe "I like being the center of attention and will be wacky to get it" suits you better.

"I like being the center of attention and will be wacky to get it" will do I think, thank you.

And hi, eitlobsaboo. Hope you're having a nice day.

An also hello to MrSquishyDBC. I don't know if you were saying hello to me, but I think so. Hello anyways.
Well hello I did not expect to see you here. Please go away, I am not decent.
Oddfellow
Can spell "ninja"

Postby stock » Sun Nov 06, 2011 8:43 am

Tekkactus wrote:
Oddfellow wrote:Did I mention I was insane? Oh yes I am.

Insane is a legal term, not a health related one. A court declares someone insane as a justification of punishment or lack thereof; unless you've been arrested and charged, no matter what your state of mental health might be, you are not "insane".

That's just not true.

It's simple as that, it's simple as that, it's simple as that for your stupid ass.
stock
Ninja Minister

Postby Tekkactus » Sun Nov 06, 2011 9:22 am

stock wrote:
Tekkactus wrote:
Oddfellow wrote:Did I mention I was insane? Oh yes I am.

Insane is a legal term, not a health related one. A court declares someone insane as a justification of punishment or lack thereof; unless you've been arrested and charged, no matter what your state of mental health might be, you are not "insane".

That's just not true.

Guess I should cite my sources, then?
I'm not really working on anything at the moment, but here's a link to my tumblr anyway.

Proud Owner of 3 "I Actually Laughed Out Loud For Reals" awards.
Tekkactus
Ninja CEO

Postby Jim North » Sun Nov 06, 2011 11:21 am

Tekkactus wrote:May I recommend you call yourself mad

Why would you recommend that? He indicates that he has some form of mental instability, not that he's angry.

Oh, wait! Did you perhaps mean "mad" in the sense of "mentally unstable"? Goodness, it's easy to forget that some words may have different meanings depending on their context and the intentions of the speaker, isn't it? Gracious me.

Eh? I'm being sarcastic? Well as I recall, "sarcasm" descends from the Greek root sarkasmos, which means "to tear the flesh". And yet I'm not literally tearing flesh, am I? It's purely metaphorical. It's almost as if one simply has to sometimes accept the general intention of the word rather than its literal meaning.

That being the case with language, it would seem that one might have to further accept that people might use a legal term in a non-legal sense in certain contexts, primarily in common conversation, without meaning for the legal component to be part of it. How could this be!

lol semantics. A minefield best avoided, yes? Concession, however, in that "insane" is indeed used as a legal term and that center of attention wackiness is totally a fair call.

Anywho, howdy there, Oddfellow. Don't mind Tekk. He's the old, crotchety, and vaguely disturbing one of the group.

*clammy handshake with eye contact that goes on for just slightly too long*
Jim North
Ninja Minister

Postby Oddfellow » Sun Nov 06, 2011 11:48 am

Jim North wrote:*clammy handshake with eye contact that goes on for just slightly too long*

*subsequent feeling of discomfort, slow distancing away and awkward stance*
Oddfellow
Can spell "ninja"

Postby stock » Sun Nov 06, 2011 11:52 am

Edited because that's enough of that, but I'm leaving this:

Vagina.

It's simple as that, it's simple as that, it's simple as that for your stupid ass.
stock
Ninja Minister

Postby pie » Sun Nov 06, 2011 12:02 pm

Yeah, hey, dude.
eitlobsaboo wrote:Oh... dude... dude.. that's.. oh.... that's not something I wanted to see right before bed.. that's fucked up..
pie
Best-Selling Ninja Author

Postby Oddfellow » Sun Nov 06, 2011 12:12 pm

Hello pie.

Also, hello Stan (cyperpunker). I feel like giving you a hug because nobody noticed your introduction. I think you should get an avatar, maybe it would help. For the time being, I will take your word for the fact that you're pretty cool. But to be honest I don't really know.

Look another cookie! :yum:
Oddfellow
Can spell "ninja"

Postby stock » Sun Nov 06, 2011 12:18 pm

Never mind Tekk's right.

stock
Ninja Minister

Postby pie » Sun Nov 06, 2011 12:23 pm

stock wrote:Never mind Tekk's right.

Never say that.

NEVER SAY THAT.
eitlobsaboo wrote:Oh... dude... dude.. that's.. oh.... that's not something I wanted to see right before bed.. that's fucked up..
pie
Best-Selling Ninja Author

Postby kleptoman » Sun Nov 06, 2011 1:01 pm

Hi Oddfellow. Welcome to a board where we have pedantic arguements about stuff which then devolves into crude humour.
kleptoman
Ninja Captain

Postby Agrajag » Sun Nov 06, 2011 1:02 pm

Jim North wrote:Don't mind Tekk. He's the old, crotchety, and vaguely disturbing one of the group.

Hahahahahaha.
Sam Logan wrote:When it comes to tunnels and cats, I feel like this story really delivers.

pie wrote:I have transcended commas!
Agrajag
Ninja Technician

Postby Tekkactus » Sun Nov 06, 2011 5:54 pm

Jim North wrote:
Tekkactus wrote:May I recommend you call yourself mad

Why would you recommend that? He indicates that he has some form of mental instability, not that he's angry.

Oh, wait! Did you perhaps mean "mad" in the sense of "mentally unstable"? Goodness, it's easy to forget that some words may have different meanings depending on their context and the intentions of the speaker, isn't it? Gracious me.

Eh? I'm being sarcastic? Well as I recall, "sarcasm" descends from the Greek root sarkasmos, which means "to tear the flesh". And yet I'm not literally tearing flesh, am I? It's purely metaphorical. It's almost as if one simply has to sometimes accept the general intention of the word rather than its literal meaning.

That being the case with language, it would seem that one might have to further accept that people might use a legal term in a non-legal sense in certain contexts, primarily in common conversation, without meaning for the legal component to be part of it. How could this be!

lol semantics. A minefield best avoided, yes? Concession, however, in that "insane" is indeed used as a legal term and that center of attention wackiness is totally a fair call.

Anywho, howdy there, Oddfellow. Don't mind Tekk. He's the old, crotchety, and vaguely disturbing one of the group.

*clammy handshake with eye contact that goes on for just slightly too long*

You could have just said he was using a colloquialism, but apparently you're even more pedantic than I am. :roll:
I'm not really working on anything at the moment, but here's a link to my tumblr anyway.

Proud Owner of 3 "I Actually Laughed Out Loud For Reals" awards.
Tekkactus
Ninja CEO

Postby stock » Sun Nov 06, 2011 6:33 pm

trrrooooollllllllllll

stock
Ninja Minister

PreviousNext

Return to It's All About Me-ow!