Hi, my name is... (Introduce yourself here!)

Everyone likes to talk about themselves! Do it here so I don't have to read it. Ha ha! Just kidding. I'm actually illiterate.

Moderators: Rai, mixofsunandcloud, Kelso

Re: Hi, my name is... (Introduce yourself here!)

Postby stock » Sun Nov 06, 2011 8:43 am

Tekkactus wrote:
Oddfellow wrote:Did I mention I was insane? Oh yes I am.


Insane is a legal term, not a health related one. A court declares someone insane as a justification of punishment or lack thereof; unless you've been arrested and charged, no matter what your state of mental health might be, you are not "insane".

That's just not true.

It's simple as that, it's simple as that, it's simple as that for your stupid ass.
User avatar
stock
Ninja Minister
 
Posts: 5201
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2007 1:40 am

Re: Hi, my name is... (Introduce yourself here!)

Postby Tekkactus » Sun Nov 06, 2011 9:22 am

stock wrote:
Tekkactus wrote:
Oddfellow wrote:Did I mention I was insane? Oh yes I am.


Insane is a legal term, not a health related one. A court declares someone insane as a justification of punishment or lack thereof; unless you've been arrested and charged, no matter what your state of mental health might be, you are not "insane".

That's just not true.


Guess I should cite my sources, then?
I'm not really working on anything at the moment, but here's a link to my tumblr anyway.

Proud Owner of 3 "I Actually Laughed Out Loud For Reals" awards.
User avatar
Tekkactus
Ninja CEO
 
Posts: 6933
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2005 8:58 am
Location: Appalacia

Re: Hi, my name is... (Introduce yourself here!)

Postby Jim North » Sun Nov 06, 2011 11:21 am

Tekkactus wrote:May I recommend you call yourself mad

Why would you recommend that? He indicates that he has some form of mental instability, not that he's angry.

Oh, wait! Did you perhaps mean "mad" in the sense of "mentally unstable"? Goodness, it's easy to forget that some words may have different meanings depending on their context and the intentions of the speaker, isn't it? Gracious me.

Eh? I'm being sarcastic? Well as I recall, "sarcasm" descends from the Greek root sarkasmos, which means "to tear the flesh". And yet I'm not literally tearing flesh, am I? It's purely metaphorical. It's almost as if one simply has to sometimes accept the general intention of the word rather than its literal meaning.

That being the case with language, it would seem that one might have to further accept that people might use a legal term in a non-legal sense in certain contexts, primarily in common conversation, without meaning for the legal component to be part of it. How could this be!

lol semantics. A minefield best avoided, yes? Concession, however, in that "insane" is indeed used as a legal term and that center of attention wackiness is totally a fair call.

Anywho, howdy there, Oddfellow. Don't mind Tekk. He's the old, crotchety, and vaguely disturbing one of the group.

*clammy handshake with eye contact that goes on for just slightly too long*
We are the universe talking to itself.
User avatar
Jim North
Ninja Minister
 
Posts: 5203
Joined: Fri Jun 23, 2006 10:43 pm
Location: The Omnipresent Here

Re: Hi, my name is... (Introduce yourself here!)

Postby Oddfellow » Sun Nov 06, 2011 11:48 am

Jim North wrote:*clammy handshake with eye contact that goes on for just slightly too long*


*subsequent feeling of discomfort, slow distancing away and awkward stance*
Well hello I did not expect to see you here. Please go away, I am not decent.
User avatar
Oddfellow
Can spell "ninja"
 
Posts: 12
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2011 8:48 pm
Location: A Drifting Landmass

Re: Hi, my name is... (Introduce yourself here!)

Postby stock » Sun Nov 06, 2011 11:52 am

Edited because that's enough of that, but I'm leaving this:

Vagina.

It's simple as that, it's simple as that, it's simple as that for your stupid ass.
User avatar
stock
Ninja Minister
 
Posts: 5201
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2007 1:40 am

Re: Hi, my name is... (Introduce yourself here!)

Postby pie » Sun Nov 06, 2011 12:02 pm

Yeah, hey, dude.
eitlobsaboo wrote:Oh... dude... dude.. that's.. oh.... that's not something I wanted to see right before bed.. that's fucked up..
User avatar
pie
Best-Selling Ninja Author
 
Posts: 6440
Joined: Sat Dec 02, 2006 10:01 am

Re: Hi, my name is... (Introduce yourself here!)

Postby Oddfellow » Sun Nov 06, 2011 12:12 pm

Hello pie.

Also, hello Stan (cyperpunker). I feel like giving you a hug because nobody noticed your introduction. I think you should get an avatar, maybe it would help. For the time being, I will take your word for the fact that you're pretty cool. But to be honest I don't really know.

Look another cookie! :yum:
Well hello I did not expect to see you here. Please go away, I am not decent.
User avatar
Oddfellow
Can spell "ninja"
 
Posts: 12
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2011 8:48 pm
Location: A Drifting Landmass

Re: Hi, my name is... (Introduce yourself here!)

Postby stock » Sun Nov 06, 2011 12:18 pm

Never mind Tekk's right.

It's simple as that, it's simple as that, it's simple as that for your stupid ass.
User avatar
stock
Ninja Minister
 
Posts: 5201
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2007 1:40 am

Re: Hi, my name is... (Introduce yourself here!)

Postby pie » Sun Nov 06, 2011 12:23 pm

stock wrote:Never mind Tekk's right.


Never say that.

NEVER SAY THAT.
eitlobsaboo wrote:Oh... dude... dude.. that's.. oh.... that's not something I wanted to see right before bed.. that's fucked up..
User avatar
pie
Best-Selling Ninja Author
 
Posts: 6440
Joined: Sat Dec 02, 2006 10:01 am

Re: Hi, my name is... (Introduce yourself here!)

Postby kleptoman » Sun Nov 06, 2011 1:01 pm

Hi Oddfellow. Welcome to a board where we have pedantic arguements about stuff which then devolves into crude humour.
User avatar
kleptoman
Ninja Captain
 
Posts: 2408
Joined: Mon Apr 14, 2008 2:55 pm

Re: Hi, my name is... (Introduce yourself here!)

Postby Agrajag » Sun Nov 06, 2011 1:02 pm

Jim North wrote:Don't mind Tekk. He's the old, crotchety, and vaguely disturbing one of the group.

Hahahahahaha.
Sam Logan wrote:When it comes to tunnels and cats, I feel like this story really delivers.

pie wrote:I have transcended commas!
User avatar
Agrajag
Ninja Technician
 
Posts: 6158
Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:03 pm
Location: San Francisco

Re: Hi, my name is... (Introduce yourself here!)

Postby Tekkactus » Sun Nov 06, 2011 5:54 pm

Jim North wrote:
Tekkactus wrote:May I recommend you call yourself mad

Why would you recommend that? He indicates that he has some form of mental instability, not that he's angry.

Oh, wait! Did you perhaps mean "mad" in the sense of "mentally unstable"? Goodness, it's easy to forget that some words may have different meanings depending on their context and the intentions of the speaker, isn't it? Gracious me.

Eh? I'm being sarcastic? Well as I recall, "sarcasm" descends from the Greek root sarkasmos, which means "to tear the flesh". And yet I'm not literally tearing flesh, am I? It's purely metaphorical. It's almost as if one simply has to sometimes accept the general intention of the word rather than its literal meaning.

That being the case with language, it would seem that one might have to further accept that people might use a legal term in a non-legal sense in certain contexts, primarily in common conversation, without meaning for the legal component to be part of it. How could this be!

lol semantics. A minefield best avoided, yes? Concession, however, in that "insane" is indeed used as a legal term and that center of attention wackiness is totally a fair call.

Anywho, howdy there, Oddfellow. Don't mind Tekk. He's the old, crotchety, and vaguely disturbing one of the group.

*clammy handshake with eye contact that goes on for just slightly too long*


You could have just said he was using a colloquialism, but apparently you're even more pedantic than I am. :roll:
I'm not really working on anything at the moment, but here's a link to my tumblr anyway.

Proud Owner of 3 "I Actually Laughed Out Loud For Reals" awards.
User avatar
Tekkactus
Ninja CEO
 
Posts: 6933
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2005 8:58 am
Location: Appalacia

Re: Hi, my name is... (Introduce yourself here!)

Postby stock » Sun Nov 06, 2011 6:33 pm

trrrooooollllllllllll

It's simple as that, it's simple as that, it's simple as that for your stupid ass.
User avatar
stock
Ninja Minister
 
Posts: 5201
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2007 1:40 am

Re: Hi, my name is... (Introduce yourself here!)

Postby Ben » Sun Nov 06, 2011 6:38 pm

Jim North wrote: He's the old, crotchety, and vaguely disturbing one of the group.


Have I entered the fucking twilight zone here?

Also hi hat dude.
Image
User avatar
Ben
Influential Ninja Elder
 
Posts: 9939
Joined: Sat May 29, 2004 5:15 am
Location: Your mums bedroom.

Re: Hi, my name is... (Introduce yourself here!)

Postby Oddfellow » Sun Nov 06, 2011 6:47 pm

Ben wrote:
Jim North wrote: He's the old, crotchety, and vaguely disturbing one of the group.


Have I entered the fucking twilight zone here?

Also hi hat dude.


I am here, so yes. You have entered the fucking twilight zone.
Well hello I did not expect to see you here. Please go away, I am not decent.
User avatar
Oddfellow
Can spell "ninja"
 
Posts: 12
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2011 8:48 pm
Location: A Drifting Landmass

PreviousNext

Return to It's All About Me-ow!

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests

cron